Friday, August 6, 2010

Trip to America

Truth be told, I forgot about my blog, but was reminded by my friend Anna had with high hopes given my blog the most coveted bookmark spaces on her web browser. I am shameful to admit, that I had to ask her what my blog name was. Thankfully she has given me my address, so I am about to embark on writing once again. Take 2.

After I returned from my bank holiday trip to Amsterdam, the next most notible time was my trip to America for my sister Heidi's and my friend/bandmate Darwin's wedding. I actually feel like I can take a tiny bit of credit for introducing them. And I definately feel like I should get a small award for playing telephone back and forth with them during the first month of their dating relationship. Needless to say I was really excited to go home and see their family wedding. (missed the las vegas elopement unfortunately). I spent much of the month of June preparing the table settings, planning parties, practicing my duet over skype with my other sister Lisa and thinking about the details with Heidi's wedding with the wedding planner - my mom.

1 day before the plan trip, I find out via email that my flight's been cancelled, so I spent hours on the phone with the travel agent explaining that this is my sister's wedding and I can not miss it. Finally, I find another flight with another airline and had to wait 7 weeks for my refund. What a nightmare! Still the new flight was slightly better for times and sure enough I was off to the states.

I will say that the wedding was beautiful and showed both of their personalities. I loved the hand written vows and the shameless plug for Heidi's iphone g4 during the ceremony. Here's a link to the full video (only about 15 minutes long)...Check it out. If you want to hear me sing it's within the last 3 minutes.

http://mediamill.cla.umn.edu/mediamill/embedqt/76680

After the wedding, it was really hard saying goodbye to Heidi and Darwin. they were off to move to Georgia, living hundreds of miles away (ok, so I'm also away) but I'm coming back, and they are gone for a good 5-6 years. I'm definately going to miss that couple. They are super fun and crazy and just a blast to hang out with.

After the wedding and post wedding events, my nieces, my sister Michele and her boyfriend (now fiancee) Aaron and my brother David and sister in law Apryl went to Duluth camping. We saw the fireworks, cooked over the campfire and enjoyed the serenity of being in the woods and hiking.

It was a great time...albeit a bit tiring trying to keep the girls from running amuk and falling off cliffs. We toured a bit of Duluth and came back home. I was able to spend a few days with my friends and family before I was back off across the big blue to my new home for the year London.

No comments:

Post a Comment