Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Rainy day and Pilates

Rainy London
Yesterday, marked one of the heavier rains that I have seen in England. Granted, I haven't seen much for rain storms, just lots of drizzle. But yesterdays' rain was pretty fun to watch. I still walked the 25 minutes to work. I just carried my umbrella with me. One cool thing about the rain is the reflection you get on the black tar when it's wet. Here I was walking down the path with my bright yellow umbrella and it almost felt like there was a big sun above my head when I looked at my reflection on the ground.

Pilates
After work, I went home grabbed a few items for the gym and met my friend Nishita for a pilates class. I had never done pilates before, but I had been practicing yoga with a recording for the last several weeks, so I felt up to the task. unfortunately we got into the class late, had to grab our mats and try to keep up with this intermediate/advanced class. The instructor asked at least 3 times who had let us into the class, but she made a point to give us easier movements when necessary. She was very helpful. When doing the movements at home, it's hard to know if your body is positioned correctly. It was really nice to have an instructor there to help. I think I'll sign up for the next class and hopefully make it there before the class begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment